All Calm+Confidence Honey comes from local hives placed in neighborhoods and community gardens throughout the Little Rock area...Maybe you've seen one of our hives around town!
We expand into new communities each spring. If you know of someone wanting to learn more about honeybees or apprentice as a beekeeper, we're always looking to grow our network of pollinator promoters!
Some hives are placed with individual families or school groups while others are located in public community spaces. Calm+Confidence beehives serve as learning resources to promote the conservation of all pollinators!
Depending on the time of year, we have honey from various Little Rock neighborhoods as well as more rural areas like Cabot and Wrightsville. To see the individual characteristics of our hive locations, click on a neighborhood below. We can tell you details about each hive as we personally manage each and every colony!
Honey has a unique flavor (and color) based on the flowers the bees from a hive pollinates. The sugar content from nectar and protein in pollen mixes to create special combinations every season. Some honey can become super-sweet while others have a more earthy and savory sensation...
Whether you're looking for pollen from a specific time of the year or a flavor that pairs perfectly with a dish, we know you'll appreciate the diversity of honey Calm+Confidence provides.
It doesn't get any more local than this!
Beekeeping Resources Shared with Us:
- Why Bees and Pollination are so Important from Taylor Martin
- Pesticide Residue may Affect Bees from Neil Gillespie
- Roundup Alternatives from Arianna Delarosa
- Nature's Secret: Why Honey Bees Are Better Politicians Than Humans from Lauren Anderson
- 9 Hive Jobs of Honey Bees from Neil Gillespie
- 7 Buzzing Facts About Bees from Neil Gillespie
- All About Bees from Cam, local Boy Scout